High quality seafarer performance with absolute regard to compliance are the goals of the Crew Management function within RGT Marine LLC.
Crew management encompasses a broad range of activities covering the recruitment and selection, deployment, training and ongoing management of the officers and ratings engaged on vessels under full management or crew management contracts.
Oil & Gas Project Staffing
Providing trained staff to offshore and onshore projects
We provide fully trained staff to support the construction and commissioning phases of offshore and onshore oilfield projects.
In addition we can provide staff for ongoing operations and maintenance programmes.
Marine Crew Supply
Crew supply to clients who manage the crew themselves
We may be best known for providing Crew to vessels under our own Crewing or Technical management, but, we also supply full or partial crews to Ship Owners and Managers who prefer manage their own vessels.
As the global RGT Marine LLC network of Crewing and Recruitment offices generates significant interest from qualified marine and hotel crew of all ranks and nationalities seeking employment and career development, we have an extensive database and are able to efficiently expedite searches for specific client requirements and provide fully qualified marine and hotel crew.
Payroll Management is an integral part of Crew Management services, supported by the RGT Marine LLC global network of offices we are able to offer local knowledge and expertise to ensure that we can provide the best possible service to all our clients.
The payroll systems have been developed in house to provide maximum flexibility, allowing clients to streamline their payroll processing, accounting and cost control.
Our service is capable of managing payroll solutions
- for fully-managed, crew-supply and payroll-only vessels, yachts and offshore units
- for payrolls where there are just one or two employees through to hundreds of employees to be paid each month
- single or multi-currency payrolls
- accepting data in a variety of formats, originating from vessel, unit or shore based office
- reporting in agreed formats to clients, employees, statutory bodies, pension funds and unions etc.
- making payments economically using local and international systems,
- transferring funds to debit/bank cards which allow the cardholder electronic access to his or her funds
- Head hunting of Executive leaders, senior and middle managers for hotels and resort
- Hotel, Deck & Engine Officers as well as crew recruitment for cruise lines
- Yacht Crew Placement
- A dedicated recruitment and operations team with a diversity of experience in the hospitality industry worldwide
- A state-of-the-art web-based candidate application system
- A network of preferred recruitment partners and professionals in specialized hospitality related fields
- Access to a worldwide network of 35 recruitment and training centers
- We have the resources to assist with administrative and legal requirements, visas, medicals and travel, if required
- Each client is unique. Each assignment is also unique
- We provide an individually tailored recruitment process
- High quality candidates’ screening, conducting comprehensive reference and background checks to ensure the candidates’ reliability and compatibility
- Only pre-selected candidates who have demonstrated a real interest in the position offered will be submitted for consideration
- A personable approach with our candidates, focusing on career development not just placement
- We accompany our clients and short-listed candidates to ensure a smooth coordination of the interview and pre-employment process
On-Board Training Services
- Delivering Practical Training Solutions to enhance safety on-board.
- Today’s ship owners, managers and operators are under constant pressure to demonstrate that the vessels, which they operate, are safe both in the physical condition and with respect to the ability of the crew to operate them safely.
- There is a growing demand for onboard training services to revive crew knowledge and verify the safe operation through training, drills and exercises.
- An evaluation of the vessels training needs is undertaken in consultation with the Management Office and Master. Training is then tailored to suit the needs of the vessel and crew.
- Abandon Ship & Survival Techniques
- Fire prevention & Fire Fighting
- Vessel Emission Control Procedures
- Security Awareness Training
- Casualty Management
- Oil Spill Containment
English Language Testing & Training
Marlins also delivers tailored English language training courses and materials for any crew nationality.
As mixed nationality crewing increases and with the advent of the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments, the need for English language skills is critical to safety and clear communication.
Marlins English language testing is designed to assess language ability and speaking skills and has been endorsed by the UK MCA, the ISF, oil majors and maritime employers worldwide. Companies integrate Marlins tests into their global recruitment and training programmes to ensure a standardized approach to language competency assessment.
Marlins also delivers English language training packages including Train The Trainer courses, targeted to the language level, learning needs and responsibilities of marine / offshore / cruise personnel.
On-Board Safety & Security Services
- Promote safety of life at sea and reduce the risk of incidents, accidents and potential detentions.
- Raise safety awareness both on board and ashore.
- Assist ship owners, managers and operators to implement an effective and efficient safety management system.
- Provide support and assistance on safety related issues.